As we pick up with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy in Vol. 2, The Sovereign – an uptight race of golden dipped genetic perfection – have commissioned them to defend a platform from ill-intended creatures. In true Guardians fashion, the recently-formed family of mercenaries manages to simultaneously save the day and piss off those they are protecting. After fleeing impending doom, the team comes across Peter’s dad, Ego, who holds to key to Star-Lord’s heritage, a mystery that tantalized us at the end of the first film. From this point, Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, and Drax are forced to once again save the universe, this time with some new and unlikely teammates in the form of Yondu and Nebula.
Take a listen to this special episode of The Hollywood Outsider as we fly deep into the heart of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and all the secrets contained within. Major plot points as discussed, post-credit stingers are explained, and by the end of this podcast you will clearly know where we stand with group of charming a-holes.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- The Theater Experience
- The tone of Guardians – did it go too dark?
- A rundown of all major plot points and the post-credits stingers
- Favorite and least favorite plot points and moments
- Performances – who resonated the most or was underserved
- Thoughts on the soundtrack for this second go-round
- What we want to see from Marvel’s next Guardians of the Galaxy
- Be sure to read our review on the film HERE
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: