Christopher Nolan’s latest film focuses on the evacuation of Allied soldiers from the British Empire and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German army on the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France, between May 26- June 04, 1940, during World War II. The film focuses on three distinct timelines and elements to this event – the men on the beach fighting for their lives, the pilots engaged with the enemy in the air, and the brave civilians who risked life and limb to save these men.
For this special episode, Aaron and Scott sat down with community members Scott and Emily Calgaro to discuss Christopher Nolan’s latest film, Dunkirk. A noted history buff, Scott Calgaro elaborates on many of the events in the film as we each discuss our likes and dislikes of the choices Nolan made to bring his vision to the screen. From dog-fighting to capsizing, everything is on deck as dive deep into Dunkirk.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Podcast:
- Dunkirk is being hailed as one of the greatest films of its kind, does it deserve that moniker?
- Christopher Nolan and his choices with both story and direction
- The accuracy of the events
- Favorite and least favorite moments
- The historical importance of a film such as this
- Be sure to read Scott Calgaro’s review on the film HERE
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: