Fathers on television are often the stern provider who always lends an ear, right before he smacks your reality with a hard and fast life lesson. Throughout the history of the medium, we could always count on our TV dads to guide us through any and every scenario that might arise, good and bad.
For this episode, we discuss not just what makes a great TV dad, no we dig a little deeper. Instead we look at what father-child relationships affected us the most. Some of the choices may surprise you, as we learn about the vast differences lying within our TV favorites.
We also discuss Universal’s launch of their Dark Universe with The Mummy, Megan Leavey, It Comes at Night, try out a new game called Let’s Fill In A Plot Hole, and much more.
Join in on our conversation and listen to the latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 26:44) Movie and TV News: Neill Blomkamp opens up about failure, Hollywood Reporter wonders if TV episodes are getting too long, and Lethal Weapon had a 30th reunion which prompted us to wonder where are all of the buddy-cop flicks
- (26:45 – 1:02:38) From The Outside In Topic: The Best Father-Child Relationships In Television | Listener comments
- (1:02:39 – 1:46:49) What’s This Movie? | Reviews of The Mummy, Megan Leavey, and It Comes at Night | VOD releases | Let’s Fill In A Plot Hole | Significant Anniversary
- (1:46:50 – 2:06:50) Recommendations and Outrage | Closing | Outtakes
- Don’t miss our Wonder Woman Roundtable and our Guardians of the Galaxy Reactions podcasts!
- Find more about We Love To Game and Remake This Movie RIGHT
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to email@example.com or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: