War for the Planet of the Apes has arrived! Caesar, relegated to hiding from humans, takes the war to the man responsible for his personal tragedy, The Colonel. As Caesar begins to understand the weight of this war, he also begins to see a path to salvation for them all.
For this special episode, we dive into the final film in the Caesar trilogy of the Planet of the Apes saga. We discuss the themes and plot devices in the film, where the trilogy began as well as where it ultimately ends up, and the once again stellar performance of Andy Serkis.
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Podcast:
- War for the Planet of the Apes is the conclusion of the Caesar trilogy: Was the journey worth it?
- Caesar’s arc in this film and the trilogy, as well as Andy Serkis’ performance
- Woody Harrelson as The Colonel
- A rundown of all major plot points, production, and landmark special effects
- Favorite and least favorite moments
- Connections to previous Planet of the Apes films
- The themes tackled within the structure of the film
- Be sure to read our review on the film HERE
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: