Every once in a while, a sequel comes along that makes you sit back, take stock, and wonder, “What the hell is Hollywood thinking?!”
Our topic this week is unnecessary sequels, why do we have them? Not the worst sequels, mind you, we are talking about the most UNNECESSARY sequels ever made. Movies where the original didn’t even do well financially, it’s been too many years, the original stars didn’t return, or maybe the story was already complete. Those movies where, by most standards of reasoning, a sequel shouldn’t even be a thought. And ultimately, what IS the most unnecessary movie sequel ever?
Take a listen to our latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 17:39) Hugh Jackman hangs up his claws as Wolverine, a Big Lebowski spin-off is secretly filming, remakes are in place for Clue, The Lost Boys, Anne of Green Gables, The Departed, and much more
- (17:40 – 1:05:14) From The Outside In Topic: What is the most unnecessary movie sequel of all time? | Listener topic comments
- (1:05:15 – 1:42:19) What’s This Movie? | Spoiler-Free Reviews of Don’t Breathe, Imperium, The Bronze and Hell or High Water | Box Office | New Releases: Hands of Stone, Mechanic Resurrection, and Don’t Breathe | Blu-Ray and VOD Releases | Significant Anniversary
- (1:42:20 – 2:00:14) Recommendations and Outrage | Closing | Outtakes
- Find John Davenport on Twitter @rjohn_draws or at Facebook.com/rjohnart
- Listen to our Star Trek Beyond or Suicide Squad Reactions Podcast or our latest Remake This Movie RIGHT on Stephen King’s The Mist
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 818-814-6246.
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
- Purchase your Movie Pass here
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: