We are deep into the heart of the Summer movie season, and there is no better time than now to dive into those clichés that drive us all nuts.
When we discuss clichés on this episode, that’s both good and bad. Sometimes a cliché can be a positive – things we love and cause a visceral reaction of joy. Other times, well, they’re Batman and Robin. Take a listen to our favorites on both side of that fence, and let us know any we missed in the comments.
Also this week, we debate if R-rated comedies are dying, discuss some significant anniversaries, offer our takes on better endings for favorite television shows, and much more.
After our normal episode, enjoy our Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions and spoilercast, as we try to spin our web-heads around Marvel and Sony’s team-up on everyone’s favorite wall-crawler.
And be sure to vote for us at the Podcast Awards!
Join in on our conversation and listen to the latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 28:47) Movie and TV News: PodcastAwards.com announcement, Barry Jenkins lines up his next film, significant July anniversaries, should superhero movies be light or dark, and are R-rated comedies becoming extinct
- (28:48 – 1:14:38) From The Outside In Topic: Summer Movie Cliches | Listener comments
- (1:14:39 – 1:31:06) What’s This Movie? | Review of Castlevania | Let’s End A TV Series Right
- (1:31:06 – 1:43:10) Recommendations and Outrage | Closing
- (1:43:11 – 2:32:35) Spider-Man: Homecoming Reactions and Spoilercast
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to email@example.com or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: