Jumping the shark is a term that has been around for decades. Originating in the fifth season premiere of Happy Days, where the character of Fonzie water skis and literally jumps over a shark, the term has come to define that moment of ludicrous insanity where a TV show takes a turn it can never recover from.
For this episode, we take a look at when some of our favorite television shows made that turn. Some might surprise you, while others you will see coming a mile away. It’s a fun discussion on a topic that never seems to go out of style.
Join in on our conversation and listen to the latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 28:13) Movie and TV News: Michael Crichton returns, Call of Duty gets a cinematic universe, Michael Bay doesn’t know when to quit Transformers, and much more
- (28:12 – 1:07:22) From The Outside In Topic: When Our Favorite Television Shows Jumped The Shark | Listener comments
- (1:07:23 – 1:30:39) What’s This Movie? | Spoiler-Free Reviews of Cardinal X and Teen Titans | Grindhouse Turns 10 | Our Perfect Prison Break
- (1:30:40– 1:49:27) Recommendations and Outrage | Emails | Closing
- Be sure to listen to our interviews with Dena Hysell of Ascent to Hell, Natalia Leite of M.F.A. and Rod Blackhurst of Here Alone
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to email@example.com or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: