Grab the helmets and strap on the armor, it’s time for our latest Movie Battle Royale!
This round, we’re looking at historical period pieces. What’s that mean? Well, it means different things to every voice, but we’re looking at it as any film involving historical events or people.
Our combatants vary from Amadeus to Dances with Wolves to Tombstone to unsinkable Titanic. With several more vying for the title, which film will be crowned the greatest period piece in the known HO universe? Listen in and find out!
Also this week, we debate The Conjuring’s growing universe, review Baby Driver, 47 Meters Down and 12 Feet Deep, discuss the impending retirement of Daniel Day-Lewis, and much more.
Join in on our conversation and listen to the latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 24:21) Movie and TV News: Michael Phelps races a shark, The Conjuring grows its Universe, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender sign on for another X-Men, and Forbes takes a bite out of the summer box office failures
- (24:22 – 1:23:00) From The Outside In Topic: The Historical Period Piece Movie Battle Royale | Listener comments
- (1:23:01 – 1:49:58) What’s This Movie? | Reviews of Baby Driver, 47 Meters Down, Anne with an E, and 12 Feet Deep | VOD releases | Let’s See Where This Goes
- (1:49:59 – 2:09:52) Recommendations and Outrage | Closing
- Don’t miss our Wonder Woman Roundtable and our Guardians of the Galaxy Reactions podcasts!
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 818-814-6246
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider by visiting Patreon.com/TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: