Why do movie trailers lie to us?
We recently discussed marketing in today’s films. As that was a very wide-ranging conversation, one of our listeners – John – asked us to elaborate on movie trailers themselves. Specifically, those trailers that painted an awful film as brilliance or made a great film look like hot, sticky garbage. As we discuss movie trailers and the lies they tell, we also focus on those trailers that duped us personally. Join in on the discussion and listen to the latest episode of The Hollywood Outsider.
Discussed on this episode of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast:
- (0:00 – 25:50) Movie and TV News: James Wan directs Aquaman, Fantasia gets a live-action film, Sister Act earns a remake, The Stand will be adapted into an 8-episode series followed by a movie, and the rights to James Bond are about to open up
- (25:51 – 36:10) Trailers for The Martian and Bridge of Spies
- (36:11 – 47:21) Upcoming release Jurassic World
- (47:22 – 1:04:44) What’s This Movie | Spoiler-Free Reviews of Insidious Chapter 3 and Sense8 | New to Blu-Ray, DVD, and VOD
- (1:04:45 – 1:43:08) From the Outside In Topic: Movie Trailer Lies
- (1:43:09 – 1:54:01) Emails, closing thoughts, outtakes
- Be sure to listen to our recent special episodes: Tomorrowland Reaction Cast and Mad Max: Fury Road Reaction Cast
- Want to be included in the upcoming 200th Episode? Email us your favorite memories of the show to 200@TheHollywoodOutsider.com OR leave a message for our hosts at 818-814-6246
- Sign up for our Fantasy Movie League! FantasyMovieLeague.com, look for ‘The Hollywood Outsider’ and use the password ‘buypopcorn’. A new game every week!
- Email us your thoughts on the episode, answer our ‘What’s This Movie?’, or suggest a topic to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
Listen and Subscribe for FREE to a new episode every Tuesday of The Hollywood Outsider Movie and TV Podcast at:
Thoughts on the episode? Want to guess our What’s This Movie? Feel like shaming us with our inaccuracies?
We’re ready to believe you! So contact us directly here: